Scooter-Tune, die Rollergemeinschaft wo jeder jeden hilft.

1) Rumors about Jeff Samardzija being available and the Jays perhaps considering making a play if they are in contention near th

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 29.03.2018 09:43

MONTREAL -- Troy Smith is looking like he will grow into the job as the Montreal Alouettes starting quarterback after all. Mackensie Alexander Jersey . After the offence was stifled in a season opening loss last week in Calgary, Smith and the entire Alouettes team were a notch better in a 24-9 victory over the struggling B.C. Lions on Friday night. Montreal (1-1) posted the first win by an East Division team over a western club this season and dropped the Lions to 0-2. "There wasnt a lot of difference in play calls, it was just the quarterback making different reads and doing different things," said Smith. "Obviously, having a little more time with the co-ordinator and the offensive line coach is going to help you. "Im kind of greedy in the sense that I like throwing touchdown passes and I didnt get one, so Im still chomping at the bit to get my first one of the season, but if we keep getting wins, thats the most important statistic." Running back Brandon Whitaker and linebacker Chip Cox scored first quarter touchdowns and Sean Whyte kicked three field goals and a single for the Alouettes. The defence made the real difference, sacking B.C. starter Kevin Glenn five times, picking off two passes and recovering a fumble. Smith was sacked only once and was not picked off. Smith completed 17 passes for a relatively modest 187 yards, but he helped the Alouettes pick up 203 yards on the ground with a few timely rushing first downs. The Lions produced only one Paul McCallum field goal with Glenn at quarterback. Backup John Beck had an eight-yard TD toss to Courtney Taylor with 1:20 left in the game on a drive aided by three Montreal penalties. It was their first TD since they got two in the first quarter of a loss last week at home to Edmonton. "This is a tough business to be in because you can be so high one day and so low the next," said the 35-year-old Glenn, who became the starter when Travis Lulay was placed on the six-game injured list with a shoulder injury. "Weve just got to make sure we stick together and try to turn this thing around. "Its a long season. The most important thing is to stick together as a team." The concern for B.C. going into the game was having newcomer Ryan Cave starting at left tackle after only two practices with the team this week. It wasnt all his doing, but Montreal spent much of the first half in the Lions backfield, either sacking Glenn or hurrying throws. Bowman said the defence didnt key on Cave. "The way (defensive co-ordinator Noel Thorpe) called the game, it wasnt anything against Cave," said Bowman, whose four sacks was one short of a team record. "I actually thought he played OK. "Coach Thorpe called a masterful game. We didnt take advantage of one player, but their scheme in general." The defence came up with the first score 7:36 into the game on a play that had the crowd of 20,018 on its feet. Defensive lineman Scott Paxson reached up a hand to pick off Glenns throw, then flipped the ball to Cox to run 20 yards into the end zone. It was a fifth career TD for Cox. "I had contain on that play," said Paxson. "The quarterback threw the ball a little low and I got my hands on it. After that, I wasnt really thinking. I saw I was about to be tackled so I pitched it to Chip." Cox had one defensive tackle, leaving the 2013 outstanding defensive player two short of moving into the top-10 in CFL history. Smith led a nine-play, 71-yard drive capped by Whitakers 32-yard TD run at 13:27. Whyte added a pair of field goals in the second quarter, one of them set up by an Andrew Harris fumble that was recovered by Jerald Brown on the B.C. 43 yard line. The other came after Smiths 37-yard pass to S.J. Green, which appeared to hit the ground. However, B.C. coach Mike Benevides said spotters got the replay late and the referee ruled that the next play had started before the challenge flag was thrown. "That would have been a difference of three points," Benevides said. "Id love to get the replay on time." Montreal back-up quarterback Tanner Marsh fumbled on a third-and-short play into Solomon Elimimians hands at the Montreal 40 to set up McCallums 24-yard field goal to put B.C. on the board 5:41 into the second half. Glenn had a promising drive die when he was intercepted by Marc-Olivier Bouillette in the end zone early in the fourth quarter. Glenn threw only seven picks all of last season with Calgary, but has six in two games with the Lions. B.C. finally scored with Beck in the game. "I wanted Beck to get some work,"said Benevides. "He had some time to warm up, so I got him in there to get some game reps." The schedule doesnt get easier for the Lions, whose next game is at Saskatchewan on July 12. The Alouettes stay home to face 2-0 Winnipeg next Friday. Shamar Stephen Jersey . JOHNS, N. Danielle Hunter Jersey . While plenty of statistics illustrate Torontos turnaround in the second year of manager Ryan Nelsens tenure, stopping goals is not one of them. http://www.vikingsauthenticshoponline.com/Youth-Brian-Robison-Elite-Jersey/ .com) - St. Louis Blues right wing Vladimir Tarasenko, Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk and Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury have been selected as the NHLs top players for last week.NASHVILLE -- Geno Auriemma and Connecticut stand alone in womens college basketball, and they reached the top in unprecedented fashion. The Huskies routed Notre Dame 79-58 in the first championship game featuring undefeated teams, winning their record ninth national title. Auriemma broke a tie with Pat Summitt and Tennessee for most all-time, doing it in her backyard. Breanna Stewart, who was The Associated Press Player of the Year, scored 21 points to lead the Huskies (40-0) while Stefanie Dolson added 17 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists. Auriemma took out his senior centre with a minute left and the game well in hand with the pair embracing in a long hug. "We beat a great, great team," Auriemma said. "Notre Dame is a great team. For them to have the season they had and lose their starting centre and to do what they did, I cant say enough about their players, coaching staff and it took everything we have. I knew if we played great wed have a chance to win." The victory also meant that UConn is now the centre of the college basketball world with both the mens and womens teams winning the championship in the same year again. The mens team beat Kentucky in the title game Monday night. This pair of victories came a decade after the Huskies became the only school to accomplish the feat. "I couldnt be prouder of what the men did last night," Auriemma said. Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw congratulated the UConn coach when they shook hands after the game. "I said something like, I thought we were playing the Miami Heat for a while you guys are just that good. What a great season, you know things like that," McGraw said. "I thought ... LeBron was the only thing they were missing." While the names change at UConn, from Rebecca Lobo to Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and now Stewart, Auriemma has been the constant, winning nine titles in only 20 seasons -- including the last two. Hes never lost in a national championship game. "Congratulations to the UConn Huskies for winning the 2014 NCAA National Championship!," Summitt said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press. "My compliments also to coach Geno Auriemma for winning his ninth national title. He has accomplished this feat in record time." It was the fifth unbeaten season for Auriemma and UConn and the first time the Huskies went 40-0 -- matching Baylor as the only schools to accomplish that feat. The victory was also Connecticuts 46th straight dating back to last seasons NCAA tournament title run. Its the third longest streak in school history -- well short of the NCAA record 90 straight they won. The loss was Notre Dames third in the title game in the past four years. Kayla McBride finished off her stellar career with 21 points to lead the Irish, who were looking for theiir first championship since 2001. Alan Page Jersey. After proving to be no challenge for the Huskies during the first 15 years of the rivalry which began in 1995, Notre Dame had owned the series lately, winning seven of the previous nine meetings. UConn though has won the last two, eliminating Notre Dame in the Final Four last season before topping them in the championship game this year. The two former Big East rivals, who have no love lost for each other, put on a show in a game that womens basketball hoped could transcend the sport. The coaches added to the drama of the game with their verbal sparring on Monday. But it was Auriemma who got the last word again. Even with the loss, it was a spectacular season for the Irish. Notre Dame lost Skylar Diggins to graduation and changed conferences to the ACC. Neither mattered as they ran through their opponents, winning by an average of 25.6 points while taking both the conference regular season and tournament championships. The Irish lost senior Natalie Achonwa to a torn ACL in the regional final win over Baylor. Notre Dame wore warmup shirts with Achonwas nickname "Ace" below her No. 11. The team played inspired basketball in the Final Four win over Maryland where Notre Dame outrebounded the Terps by a record margin. The Irish couldnt muster a similar effort against UConn and its gigantic front line. Stewart, Dolson and Kiah Stokes dominated the interior. The Huskies outrebounded the Irish 54-31 and held them to a season-low in points. After the teams traded shots early on, Stewart -- who earned outstanding player of the tournament honours for the second straight season -- fueled a 16-0 run as the Huskies, who have played stellar defence all season, held the Irish without a point for nearly five minutes. Stewarts lay-in with 11:02 left made it 22-8. A minute later, Dolson had an acrobatic tip to Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis for another layup. The Irish stayed in the first half by hot 3-point shooting by Michaela Mabrey and Jewell Loyd. Trailing 37-25 with 4:09 left in the first half, the pair sparked a 13-6 run, hitting three 3-pointers which brought the Irish faithful to their feet. UConn led 45-38 at the half, shooting 57 per cent from the field and having 16 assists on their 21 baskets. The Huskies closed the door on any Irish comeback scoring 18 of the first 22 points in the second half to put the game away. Stewart and Dolson had 10 points during the burst. "Im probably one of the luckiest people in the coaching profession because I get to coach players like Stefanie and Bria" Hartley, Auriemma said, fighting back tears. "Yeah, I get to coach guys like that and thats why we can do what we do." Dolson had promised President Barack Obama at the White House that the Huskies would be back, and UConn delivered. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220
Anfänger

TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs didnt make it easy on themselves, but their losing streak is over. [url=http://www.thebroncos
San Antonio, TX (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.sunsofficialshop.us/marquese-chriss-suns-jersey/]Marques e Chriss Jersey[/url] .c

Aprilia
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen