Scooter-Tune, die Rollergemeinschaft wo jeder jeden hilft.

Michael Brantley likened joining the Houston Astros to going

#1 von zhangzk , 23.04.2019 04:34

PORT ST. LUCIE http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey , Fla. (AP) — After spending his entire career with the Cleveland Indians, to a new high school.Those first day butterflies quickly dissipated, and the outfielder is fitting in famously with his new teammates. He has already moved into a leadership role on this veteran team.“One of the best things about this locker room is when I came in, everybody was willing to help and make me feel comfortable and talk,” he said. “You come in every morning, you look around and everybody’s smiling and playing cards, and it’s just a great atmosphere all-around that they created.”The free agent outfielder signed a $32 million, two-year contract with Houston in December after spending his first 10 seasons with the Indians.Manager AJ Hinch has admired Brantley and is just as impressed after seeing him up close for the past couple of weeks.“He fits in perfectly,” Hinch said. “He could walk in all 30 clubhouses and immediately garner the respect that he deserves. He’s very professional. He’s very consistent.”Houston wasn’t lacking in veteran leadership with a team which includes Jose Altuve, George Springer http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey , Josh Reddick and Yuli Gurriel. Brantley has still managed to make a mark.“He’s quickly become a very important person in our clubhouse,” Hinch said. “He’s someone I know our position players will look up to or will look to when it comes to maintaining the balance that it takes to be a position player for us.”The career .295 hitter gives the Astros an upgrade to an outfield anchored by Springer and adds a left-handed bat to a predominantly right-handed lineup. He’s enjoyed camp so far and used it as a chance to bond with his new teammates on and off the field.“The whole goal of spring training is developing a relationship with your teammates and getting comfortable with reads and breaks and just getting back into baseball shape,” he said. “But also learning what the guy wants next to you and learning how you can help and what you can do to make your teammates better.”The three-time All-Star hit .309 with 17 homers, 36 doubles and 76 RBIs in 143 games last season, making 134 starts in left field. His best season came in 2014, when he finished third in AL MVP voting after hitting 20 homers with 97 RBIs — both career highs.He’s excited about the possibility of helping the Astros win another World Series after they took their first title in 2017. And with the group of guys he’s joining, he will be careful to simply be himself instead of trying to do too much to wow his new teammates.“You know how good everybody is in this locker room so I’m just going to come in and try to do exactly what I’m doing, and if that helps the team win games that’s all I care about,” he said. LAS VEGAS (AP) — Rays owner Stuart Sternberg will reopen the site search for a new ballpark after concluding plans for a stadium in Tampa’s Ybor City area can’t be finalized by this month’s deadline.Sternberg said any new ballpark can’t open until at least 2024 and the team must start thinking about where it will play when its lease at St. Petersburg’s Tropicana Field ends after the 2027 season.“We’ll continue to look in Tampa Bay and we’ll put our efforts to that,” he said during a news conference Tuesday at the winter meetings. “One way or another Tyler Anderson Jersey , we need to figure out a where the team is going to be in 2028, if not sooner. Ideally sooner. But absolutely by 2028.”Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred has said the sport will not consider expansion until the Rays and Oakland Athletics get new ballparks. The A’s announced plans on Nov. 28 for a new stadium near downtown and are working to gain approvals.Montreal and Portland, Oregon, are seeking a team.Tampa Bay has played since its first season in 1998 at what is now called Tropicana Field. The St. Petersburg City Council voted in early 2016 to give the Rays through December 2018 to search throughout the Tampa Bay area, and the Rays unveiled a ballpark design for Ybor City in July.Irwin Raij, a lawyer who represents the Tampa Sports Authority, wrote to Sternberg on Dec. 5 offering 50 percent of funding, not to exceed $475 million.Manfred responded to Raij on Tuesday with a letter saying the funding commitment, site control and timetable for completion were uncertain.“While momentum and progress are real, we’re not close at all to a workable framework http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey ,” Sternberg said. “And while I’m widely disappointed by the result, I’m not discouraged.”Raij said his clients were still working on their response to Manfred’s letter.The Rays announced plans in 2007 for a new ballpark in downtown St. Petersburg on the site of Al Lang Stadium, a longtime major league spring training site, but abandoned those two years later.The Rays bought the Tampa Bay Rowdies, a second-tier soccer team, in October and acquired a contract with St, Petersburg to control Al Lang Stadium.“We tried with this sincerity back in 2008. We’ve done it now over the past three years,” Sternberg said. “Using a baseball term, you could say we’ve had two strikes.”

zhangzk  
zhangzk
Anfänger

Texas declined its $4.5 million option on the catcher shortly
Finding a job was pretty easy for Josh Donaldson.

Aprilia
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen